Editor Request - Average Speed Cameras on Brighton A259

Is this the correct forum for adding average speed cameras?

A pair of cameras have appeared on the westbound A259 in Brighton from adjacent to the Lewes Crescent junction to opposite to the Lanes Hotel (between Marine Gdns & Charlotte St).

There is minimal signage westbound and to my knowledge there is no mention of average speeds. There are however road signs to the effect eastbound!

Thanks. I’ve added those in for you, should be live in a few days.

See if I’ve got the placing right, here https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-0.12066&lat=50.81707&s=356488471&zoom=4

I cannot see them on the map you sent…

I’m not surprised! NorfolkMustard’s permalink above includes a parameter which controls which layers are shown - and it had the cameras layer off! :lol:

I’ve corrected the link. If you try it again you should see the cameras now. Grey cameras are approved and will show in the app following an update. Brown ones are unapproved cameras reported from the app - and they will keep appearing until the approved ones show up in the app. :slight_smile:

Now I see more clearly! :lol:

The camera at the western end of the average speed course around marina Gardens/Charlotte Street is correctly marked.

However there are now 2 cameras of differing colours around Lewes Crescent. I may had added to this confusion when I said the first camera was adjacent to this road without spotting that there are two ends of the crescent. In fact there is only one camera on Marine Parade (A259) approximately midway between the two ends of Lewes Crescent, on the westbound side, facing west. (red arrow on the attached snapshot)

I also note that my version of Waze (4.22.0) does not show the existing speed trap camera on A259 adjacent to the out side of Marina Square (black arrow). This camera is currently covered but I don’t think it will be long before its ‘revitalised’ to perhaps snap east bound traffic! (black arrow)