Forum Problems

Hi:

Since the forum update I’m having a lot of troubles loggin in.

Sometimes when I’m already logged I can’t access to mi control panel, wiew your posts, etc. or reply a topic, even watching all buttons to do it, report or delete my posts.

Other times I’m asked to re-log in the forum, and sometimes a windows apears telling I´m loggde so much times, and ask me to enter a captcha :frowning:

And I don´t receive anymore an e-mail when someone answer a comment.

Have you tried to see into your spam folder? I had the same problem after update but using gmail account I found all emails in the spam folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ok, here’s a link to the list that’s communicated to Waze…I’ll post it in the openings post as well…

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApiZ3s2yD76ZdDR4RFJ0RTJmSWEwbTl0OUtmdVRKYUE&single=true&gid=1&output=html

I’m with this problem after forum update. Also a difference between forum’s “Total posts:” and Dashboard’s “Forum Posts:”

In my case:
Total posts: 7
Dashboard’s "Forum Posts: 44

How to fix this?

Thanks: I checked it but there’s no e-mails there :frowning:

No spam here either. The e-mails just stopped coming.

+1
Spam clear. No emails for inbox or forums I am following. Confirmed they are still marked as being followed.

My issue with the e-mails are only for PMs. I don’t have it set to send me an e-mail for subscribed threads, as I’d be getting hundreds per day. As it is, I get a dozen PMs a day sometimes.

My captcha problems have been gone for a while now. knocks on wood

However, my Tapatalk list of favorite/subscribed forums does not highlight forums with unread messages in bold anymore, like it used to do. I have to go into each forum to see if there’s anything new. Anyone having the same experience?

Second thing with Tapatalk is now that regularly a “could not connect to the forum” popup shows up while reading a thread or writing a reply, where obviously I’m perfectly connected. I wonder if it has to do with the previous problem.

Last problem: I have never seen any thanks button on any thread in TT. I’m on Android, latest TT version.

This whole forum upgrade is one big mess imo, couldn’t login for days, all kinds of functionality is broke and no word whatsoever from Waze. When will they learn not to test on live systems? Ugh, don’t answer that last question…

Before the upgrade the forum emails came through as you described. Once you went to one of those forums and read the last post it seems to clear/reset the email tracking so you would get a new email for that thread after the next forum post.

Currently I am getting zero forum emails and zero PM emails, yet both are getting new messages.

I am trying a test on this forum thread. I cleared the tracking for this one and resubscribed. Maybe they all need to be reset. I will report back either way. For the missing PM emails, I will probably try the same thing to reset the desire for getting those notifications.

I tried clearing the PM email setting and resetting it on day one and it didn’t help. See if you get a notification for this reply.

Via my iPhone 3GS.

We made a list with error points. There working on it to fix all those points.
I don’t think they should make a comment on every point that’s being reported.

Where is that post from Waze saying that they are fixing it ? All I see is this topic but no word from Waze on it. They’ve locked the topic about the Forum update even if some users have posted after the lock was set. That last post is great … it’s telling how great is the updated forum. While regular users are keep posting on this topic with dozens of problems. This is no way of keeping users happy.

I agree, but I haven’t seen one single comment in any forum-mess related thread to announce they’re working on it. Not even to acknowledge they now there are problems.

I am getting emails again, since 2 days… At first they started getting in my spam box of gmail… signing them as no spam, rerouted to my general mailbox again.
Normally i go to world.waze.com/forum . Once i went to www.waze.com/forum . I don’t know if these are mirrors or something, but for me it looks this visit was a turning point…
I never unsubsribed and resubscribed, so don’t guess this had something to do with my situation.

Manuel and I are in contact with Waze about this problems.
That’s why this topic exists :wink:

So, you are the forum-software-upgrade experts since the reorganization? :wink:

It was asked by waze if we could make a list. They did share the spreadsheet and I saw some active visitors. Some points are marked as solved. So they are working on it I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

And if we are the forum experts, I wish. Better, i wish I was an admin. I’m sure I didn’t have weekend before everything was fixed :wink:

Neither test resulted in any emails from the forums yet, so it definitely looks broken for at least some of us. Maybe it is just the www.waze.com/forum servers?

No. Alan got an email when I sent him a PM a few days ago.

I don’t think there’s a difference between world and www when it comes to the forums. In fact I’m pretty sure that a few of our European users said they use www for the forums.

Via my iPhone 3GS.