My Level: 2
Reason for request: Create # intersection between Portland Drive and George Booth Drive and add lane guidance
Dropped. Are you comfortable doing a new hash? There’s a wiki article on it to help keep as much data as possible I recommend.
Yeah, I’ll give it a go, just not sure I can do the junction box if required.
How does that look? Did I miss anything? If all good please relock these sections: Permalink
Sorry for the late reply.
Forgive my language, but that’s a bloody good first attempt! Just some minor adjustments and some expertise that’s buried in my head and not yet in the wiki to share with you. ![]()

-
I can see why you added slip lanes, but they’re not needed in this circumstance. Waze is smart enough to know the driver will curve when turning. This is something that isn’t in the wiki but is based on knowledge provided by Waze staff. It’s on my to do list to document sorry.
-
The little red circles at the top indicate unnecessary junction nodes. They were likely created when you decided to move your slip lane. If there’s no difference between the two segments, it is considered unnecessary, unless the segment is like… 30km long. The best way to get rid of these is to merge them:
- Mapping the stubs circled in red at the bottom of the new hash was correct! Even if there’s no traffic going down there yet, it’s better add these at the start rather than later. Can I suggest making it a loop though so Waze can still use it to u-turn drivers?
If you get time, mapping the car park and shopping centre here would be a great addition if you’ve got the local knowledge to do so. ![]()
As I said, you’ve done well, good work. Fix these ones up and we can finish it off. Look forward to seeing your next version. ![]()
Two of these nodes are because of a suburb boundary / change at this location.
I’ve deleted one ramp but the other has been locked, so if you could please unlock these I will fix the disabled turn and the others: Permalink