Level3 Update: Texas - Houston

My Level: 1

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lon=-95.45661&lat=29.78999&s=70360341&zoom=8&segments=519902949

  1. I added a parking lot road for a newly constructed building with two driveways to N Post Oak Rd. (south of W 12th St.) This construction is not reflected on the aerial imagery. I connected the south driveway (Junction A) to an existing junction on N Post Oak, and I was able to allow the “straight” and “right” arrows leaving the driveway. But I was not able to activate the “right” arrow turning into the driveway from N Post Oak due to the lock, nor was I able to activate the “straight” arrow into the driveway from the crossover segment from the southbound lanes.

  2. I did not place the north driveway (Junction B) at an existing junction, and I was not able to affect any turn arrows at all here. This driveway should be right-in-right-out with no access to the southbound lanes.

  3. The parking lot road is two-way throughout, and I believe I saw a reference to activating the “u-turn” arrow wherever a two-way drive connects to a public road, but I am not altogether clear about whether that applies here. I am personally ambivalent as to whether the u-turns are activated or not.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the information. I have reviewed and fixed up the roads to meet our standards.

The issue here is that N Post Oak Rd is locked above your rank. You would normally need to request an unlock and then you would be able to set the turn arrows correctly. Once done, you would request us to lock it back up.

Basically the same as above. Since N Post Oak Rd is locked above your rank, you can’t make the actual connection without an unlock first.

Setting the uturns is not a huge deal in this case but the reason for activating them would be so that if you leave one direction but your app thinks you are driving the other way, it will allow easier reroute to the correct direction.

A couple other things of note that I did to fix up the roads to our standards.

  1. We don’t generally name the parking lot road. We would just check the “none” box for the street name.
    I have removed it.

  2. A single road/segment should not touch the same road/segment more than one time.
    I have cut the segment of the parking lot to remove the “loop”

I have also fixed all the turn arrows and connection. Please review and let me know if it looks good to you.


If you are interested in continuing to do editing, we would also like to extend an invitation to our South Central Region Discord Chat Server.

This is a great way to meet fellow Texas editors and senior editors, learn more about Waze editing and connect yourself with the Waze community.

Below are some other resources and tools for map editing in Waze.

First, we have a quick-start guide on common map edits to avoid.

We have a separate Wiki on South Central Region map editing here. It provides standards for editing in the state of Texas:

A glossary is here.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing back from you.
[/quote]

Thanks for hopping on that. Looks perfect.